She was so pleased with herself when she put her cup back in the holder.
Daddy took a break from building his shed/office to play with McKenna at the water table.
We got super cute Mother/Daughter PJs from Daddy for Mothers Day. Pretty sure mine won't fit over the baby belly, but I think we'll be all set (and looking cute) once my body is back to normal.
Sorry for the crappy photo quality... I took this with my phone.
My Mom sent me this card for Mothers Day. It's perfect since we're fast approaching our beach vacation. I can't wait! I'm SO in need of a get-a-way... one with sand, sun & ocean breezes.
So, on to the current home projects...
The master bath is finally complete! Well, sort of. lol I still have a few changes I'd like to make like a white/cream shower curtain, some sort of treatment for the blue mug and toothbrush holder & a new print to replace my funky Buddha. I still love that print and it really doesn't look bad with the new paint/decor, but it doesn't fit the beachy/coastal feel I'm going for. I also need to do some caulking in some spots to clean things up a bit. But, for the most part, it is done and I love it. It feels so fresh and airy... exactly what I was after.
Just to refresh your memory... this was the bathroom BEFORE...
And here it is AFTER...
I just love the color. It's Dunn Edwards (No VOC) Calm Waters, although it's kind of hard to truly capture it on the camera.
Sadly, that little fan is a must-have in the summer. This bathroom gets SO hot in the summer. I tried to spruce it up a big by painting it silver. :)
I'm really happy with this shelf & towel hooks. I just hated the towel hooks the previous owners had in here... just ugly. I think the plant may be a bit too tall, but it's ok for now. That little basket has all my makeup in it! I love that I can hide it. lol I have another hidden stash (not pictured). I have a shelf above the door (inside the bathroom) where I keep my hair dryer, brushes, flat iron, etc all in a big leather basket.
Some sea glass & sand. It makes me happy every time I look at it.
That tall bottle is filled with Dr. Bronner's Eucalyptus scented soap. LOVE it!!! I feel like I'm in a spa every time I smell it.
We all have those items that, despite our best intentions, never seem to leave the counter. I decided to bring in this little wood box (recently purchased from goodwill for 99 cents & painted white) for Hubby to stash his daily-use toiletries.
This box was a crazy red with gold metallic streaks when I bought it at Goodwill. Gross. I painted it white and sanded the edges a bit. Take a look.
So here it is now, close up.
This little guy, I found at Marshalls the other day. It needs a we bit more sanding and to be hung on the wall. So cute though.
I'm thinking I'll hang it on this wall. Not sure what will hang on it.... hand towel maybe, or a few necklaces that I wear often. I'll have to ponder that one.
I also found this at Marshalls, but wasn't crazy about the look of it. I decided to give it a coat of Stone Effect spray paint. We'll see how that goes.
Here it is after a couple coats of Stone Effect.
The final piece will be framing out this mirror. I have been wanting to do this for... well, ever since we moved in 3.5 yrs ago! I just need to have Hubby help me determine if there is enough adhesive behind the mirror for us to safely remove the clips. I think this will have a huge impact and I can't wait to do it.
My question though.... what color should the frame be? I'd prefer black, but the cabinets are painted brown. Does that matter? My other shelving/furniture in the bathroom is black, but is that enough to make it not stand out (or make the cabinets stand out) like a sore thumb??
Up next, the hall bath.
The mirror in the hall bath has no clips (unlike the master bath) so I'm able to easily frame out the mirror. I also feel like it's a bit of a dress rehearsal for the master bath. I decided to go with black paint for the frame. Mainly because of the existing cabinets. They're a darker wood and I figured I could do a color wash with black paint to give them a look I'll like better. I suppose if the black frame doesn't work when we finally change out the vanity, I can always paint over it. I'm still not 100% sure what exactly I want to do with this bathroom, so I haven't decided on paint color, etc. It will be the kids' bathroom AND the guest bathroom... a dangerous combination, if you ask me. lol
The hall bath mirror now.
You can sort of see the cabinet color here. It looks much darker (and duller) in person than I can capture with the camera.
I'm having such a hard time finding replacement handles because the existing holes are drilled at a really strange width. I'm trying to avoid having to fill them since I'm not really painting the cabinets, just doing a color wash, so the patch would be visible. Hopefully I can find some that fit soon.
The molding with it's first coat. The last one is in the sunlight and the top 3 are in the shade, that's why the one looks so strange. That and they're still wet in this picture. I wish I'd had the Rustoleum 2X for this project. That stuff really is great.
We're getting there! I'll be so excited when this project is complete.
2 comments:
Wow that look soo great!! Let me know when you do your cabinets. I have been racking my brain trying to think of something to do to ours. Ours are very similar to yours but they aren't real wood so Kurtis doesn't think that stain will work. I think of going white but then we have black appliances so then I am stumped!! Great job on all the hard work! Can't wait to see the rest!!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love your "vanity" mirror and those little buckets hanging on the hooks. That's an awesome idea! I'm thinking about how I can incorporate that in my tiny master bath. :-)
Post a Comment