So here is my inspiration room. I love it.
I'm not sure I'll do this many stripes, because that's a whole lot of stripes to paint... but I do love the look.
This was the closest bedding I could find, but I'd prefer it to be navy with white stripes (like the one in the inspiration room), but so far I can't find anything like that.
Mobile for the crib.
My plan is to do a faux wainscoting like this... or maybe the pre-made bead board, but I really like this look. A bit more modern than bead board.
I stumbled upon this last week while out looking for curtains for the kitchen. I couldn't pass it up. So this is my first official purchase for the nursery. :)
As I mentioned in my previous posts, outdoor projects are top on our home improvement project list right now. We really want to make our outdoor spaces usable and beautiful. We still have lots we want to do inside, but for the most part it's all reasonably complete. Outside, not so much. Craig has plans to build a deck between the existing pool decking and the guest house to expand our usable deck space around the pool. Today we saw a commercial for a local nursery that is selling 10' Queen Palms for $40! I said "Hey, we should put a few of those out by the pool" and Craig was on board. I'm SO excited. Nothing makes you feel like you're on vacation more than floating in the water under sunny skies and palm trees. I like the idea of a vacation in my backyard.
These are adult Queen Palms. They grown about 2 ft per season.
Did I mention I'm excited?
We're thinking of putting them in that area on the right (along the edge of the pool deck) on either side of/in front of that green wall that hides the pool equipment). We may have to think about how it will look in terms of "layering"... we heard a landscape architect speak once and he talked about layering heights of your landscaping, but I'm not sure if that means you must always have the lowest heights up front. If that's the case, then the palms might look strange in front of the bitter orange trees. Hmpf! I sure hope that's not the case. lol
I almost forgot.....
No comments:
Post a Comment