Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Easter Weekend

Craig spent the weekend working out in the yard. He's working on moving some stone over to our tangerine tree. It gets so much shade that we can't grow any grass in that area. We decided to put the stone down instead. It's coming along nicely.
Photobucket

In the end it will look just like this one, which is just a few feet away on the opposite side of the front yard.
Photobucket

Craig's other project... building new storage shelving for the garage. It had some pretty nice white cabinets, but they were pulling off the wall and Craig wanted to build his own. So far, so good.
Photobucket

They had these cute little chairs at Fry's the other day, so I picked one up for McKenna. I placed her in the chair to test it out.
Photobucket

She decided she preferred standing on the chair instead. lol
Photobucket

What?! Nice face, huh? We see that one a lot lately.
Photobucket

Baseball hat, lipstick and cell phone... what more does a girl need?
Photobucket

About to enjoy her first little bit of chocolate bunny!
Photobucket

Pretty sure she liked it.
Photobucket

We went over to our friends' house on Easter to cookout. McKenna has a ball exploring the house, terrorizing their dog and stealing the dog toys. lol
Photobucket

Earlier that day (Easter Sunday) we spent some time playing in the yard, enjoying the weather. She bit right into the orange just after I snapped this pic. She was quick to grimace and spit it out. lol
Photobucket


Photobucket

Weeds.... UGH! This is definitley the downside of irrigation. You get all the crappy stuff that collects in the water system. These things are like super weeds. They were buzzed off with the weed whacker and the next day they were right back to full height. They're taking over the yard.
Photobucket

Anyone battled these before? I'm hoping roundup will do the trick, but if anyone knows of a natural remedy, please share. With McKenna playing outside now, I'd really prefer to avoid an many chemicals as possible.
Photobucket

My new Ergo carrier arrived yesterday!!! I'm so excited.
Photobucket

Of course I had to try it out right away!
Photobucket


Photobucket

And I can use it even with my pregnant belly! That's a HUGE bonus.
Photobucket

Hmmm, life should be so tough.
Photobucket


No comments: