But... truth be told, I can't wait to pop this little guy out so I can get back to training for a 5k. lol I was so pumped about that whole program and lovin' it. I can't wait to actually complete the program this time.
My sweet little bunny. She's looking more and more grown up every day! *sniff sniff*
Not sure what's up with the Dagwood hairdo. lol
Well, I finally went ahead and took all the measurements in the kitchen so I could get an estimate on what the quartz countertops were going to cost us. The estimate was that they would range somewhere between $3,390 - $4,709. Holy crap!!!
So... I decided to price out a butcher block countertop too. I really LOVE the look of butcher block countertops with white cabinets, but the hubby isn't necessarily a big fan. (I have to keep reminding myself that he told me to do whatever I like, but I don't want to plan a kitchen he thinks is hideous. Ya know?) I worry about them not being ideal in terms of maintenance/durability and resale value. But I do love the look and I figure I could do a stainless steel backsplash (or something like that) to keep a more modern feel. I think Craig feels like butcher block = country. I don't think that has to be the case.
Annnnyway, I priced out the butcher block and it would cost... $507. Yeah, you read that correctly. Five. Hundred. Seven. Dollars. If that's not a selling point, I don't know what is. That means that we could do the ENTIRE kitchen; counterops, backslpash, new sink, new faucet, etc for less than (or very close to) what the quartz countertop, alone, would cost.
So, off I went to IKEA to take a second look.
Yup, I still like it.
And I LOVE this farmhouse sink!
Of course, I think I'd go for the double instead.
And the faucet! Love.
So I think I may be changing our plan. I'm going to think about it for a few days. But I must admit, I'm a little excited about it. hee hee
Some day I'd also love to have to have a combo of bench seating and some comfy seats like this. I love this look. (Minus the round chair pads on the bench that look like someone left their dishes there).
1 comment:
I so saw that kitchen at IKEA to day and said I wanted that clean look with the white cabinets!! Hah one day!
Post a Comment