It's official... Craig has completed his MBA program!! Wooo Hoooo! I'm really proud of him, it's not been an easy task. He's had to juggle this with an already highly demanding job and a new baby at home. We'll be so happy to have him home on Wednesday nights again, and not holed up in his office doing homework on Monday & Tuesday nights. He's already talking about his next educational venture. lol I think he's a bit crazy. :)
CONGRATS BABE, I LOVE YOU! XOXO
A few weeks ago I spotted the cutest little holiday skirt (for McKenna) at Target. It was in the toddler section so the 12 month size is the smallest size offered. I just assumed it would fit since most of her clothes right now are 12 month, even a few 18 month. Well, I decided to try it on her the other day and it's HUGE on her! It's so big in the waist that it falls down around her little butt. lol I thought that maybe I could pin it in the back, but I would have to pinch so much fabric that it would create a big mass of fabric in the back of the skirt. Too bad. It is such a cute outfit. Sooo... I needed to find something different. I had seen a precious dress (a fellow Jan '09 Mama had purchased it for her daughter), but not only was it pretty pricey, they only had it in 24 mo size. Well after the realizing the skirt was a no-go, I decided to look for the dress again and I found it in the 12 month size AND it was on sale! She'll still wear her cute little red shoes, red flower headband and the cream sweater (open), so it's worked out perfectly. I can't wait to see her in it!
I've been starting my process of preparing for our big trip East. I figure if I do little bits at a time I'll be less likely to forget things and it won't seem so overwhelming. So far, so good. I think I'm going to ship a box of clothes and various other baby items to my Mom's house so that I have very little to actually pack and take with me. Thankfully McKenna will just barely still fit in her infant carrier so I can use that for our trip. Thank God! This will make my life so much easier... being able to pop her car seat into her stroller and then having a handle to carry the car seat once it's out of the stroller frame. Honestly, the fact that I could use that car seat/stroller system was the deciding factor in for me when deciding to fly to MD early, by myself. I'm still not entirey sure how to install the seat once I'm on the plane, but I'll figure it out before the trip. :) I think we have it all timed pretty well. I chose a 9:55am flight (her AM nap is generally at 10:00 am) so we can do "breakfast" after we get through security (pumpkin loaf from Starbucks, perhaps?) and then she'll get her bottle when we take off. This will hopefully help with her ears during take off AND allow her to sleep for the majority of the flight. I'm actually getting pretty excited about the trip. She's such a good girl and it will be a nice (and pretty big) Mommy/Daughter adventure! Not to mention, she's such a charmer that I'm sure we'll make plenty of friends along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment