Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Flowers & photo shoots...

Well, McKenna finally decided to nap; I had to put her in her swing and she fussed, that whiny tired fuss, right up until she passed out. lol Little bugger. Yesterday she was fighting me on the nap and I was SO tired, I was just dying for her to go to sleep. I had put her down once and she woke up 10 min later, so this time I just decided to camp out with her on the couch. :) Daddy came home between cases and snapped a pic.

Photobucket
And then I had to take one of her because she's so sweet. I think there are few things more precious than a sleeping baby.
Photobucket

So, even though this workout I'm doing is supposed to be every day for 30 days, I skipped my workout yesterday because I was so sore AND because I've always followed the practice of allowing at least one day of rest for the muscle group worked. I realized this morning that we are only 2 months from our vacation to San Diego, which means I need to squeeze my a** into a bathing suit...in public. :::gulp::: I'd really like to be that "hot mommy" (or at least "pretty damn good for having a baby 6 mo ago" mommy) vs. the jiggly butt mommy. Ya know? So I'm back to doing it every day so I can get the maximum results in this short time. Once I get this weight off I can go into maintenance mode. I must say, I'm loving this regular morning nap...even if she fights me a bit some days. Having a designated time to work out each day does wonders for my psyche!

Speaking of vacation, as mentioned above, we're planning our first family vacation in July/Aug. Awwwww! :) We're planning to drive to San Diego and rent a house on/near the beach. Craig will stay for a week and then McKenna and I will stay another week after that. I'm trying to see if my girlfriend and her 2 little girls want to come visit me while I'm there... or my Mom, but she'd have to fly out from the East Coast. We'll see. Should be fun. It's so strange to think that McKenna will be 6 months old when we go. Where is the time going???

Ok... ready for picture overload?!?!!

I wanted to take a pic of McKenna in her little onesie yesterday so that Craig could send it to his coworker who gave it to us. Well, it turned into a little baby photo shoot! lol These are my favs...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Look how long my legs are!!
Photobucket

Laughing at Mommy
Photobucket

LOVE this one.
Photobucket


Photobucket

...and one from my phone!
Photobucket

Last week I ordered some headbands/flower clips off ebay. Since Miss Thang has no hair, I wanted to do something fun! Here are some camera phone pics of her trying on some of her new duds. I got a pkg of like 10 different color headbands and 10 or more flowers and they're all interchangeable. It was only $13 or so. Too much fun! I'll have to take more, better quality ones, with my camera soon.

Photobucket

Looks like she's practicing that Sears catalog "look off into the distance" pose here... We'll have to work on the drool thing.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Here is a video of McKenna having a good old time on her play gym




And some pics from the past week or so...

Photobucket

Evidently there was something VERY interesting on the TV.
Photobucket

This girl already loves TV. She's twisted around so she can see the TV.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Check out the boots.... Freakin' adorable. Thank you Allison!!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Huggin' on Bunny
Photobucket

Looking at pics on one of Mommy's "baby boards"
Photobucket


No comments: