I’m still waiting on more pictures from out trip back East (since I was so pathetic about taking any pics of my own!), specifically from the shower that my Mom & Queenie threw for me. It was such a fun time seeing SO many of my favorite girls, who I haven’t seen it far too long. Peggy took the prize… we hadn’t seen each other in about 15 years, and she drove down from Cherry Hill, NJ! Many, many thanks to Mom & Queenie for such a wonderful shower… everything was delicious & beautiful.
As mentioned above, we also attended Kat’s wedding while we were home. She looked beautiful and it was so fun to see so many old faces. I managed to snap a few pics of me and my old roommates. One of Queenie & Brian… showing some love for our baby girl, and one of the whole gang; Me, Queenie, Brian & Kat (looking lovely in her wedding gown!).
Our next stop along the way was Long Beach Island (LBI) in NJ. Ahhh, the beach!
I’m not sure I realized just how much I missed seeing the beach (even if only now & then) until we walked into Dottie & Jay’s rented beach house. Oh my goodness… the views, the smell of the air, the sound of the waves. I really didn’t want to leave. We even got to see some dolphins swimming by each morning. If only we had the perfect plan for a profitable business to run at the beach… we might just move there.
You may have to look closely at this one… you can see a pack of dolphins swimming past.
After our short visit at the beach, we headed up to Glen Rock, NJ to see Craig’s cousin Chris, his wife Laura and two adorable little ones we had yet to meet, Becky & Zach. Look at these two... aren't they just precious?!
They were gracious enough to put us up at their home! They live in the cutest neighborhood where they can walk “downtown” and get bagels, coffee, etc. The weather was perfect… cool & crisp. It was great being able to just hang out and catch up with them. Chris was kind enough to give us some practice with feedings, daycare pick-ups, stroller walks, etc. He’s a great Daddy role model!
On Saturday we all drove about 30 min to Pearl River, NY where Craig’s Aunt was hosting a family luncheon….and a surprise baby shower!! It was a very nice surprise and such a thoughtful gesture. I loved having the chance to have Craig there with me to open some shower gifts. It was so fun to see (and meet most for the fist time) all of the “little cousins”. Craig’s cousin Colleen snapped some great shots of the “older cousins" too… since Michele couldn’t be there, Aunt Linda was kinda enough to supply a stand-in for her. ;)
He even tested a few gifts!
All of the cousins... both the little ones & the older ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment