Sunday, April 1, 2012

Jelly Bean Virtual 5k

So... here I am about to head out of my run this morning, for The Jelly Bean Virtual 5k... and again, very happy, after returning home from my (PR!) run.  What a cheese ball.  Anyway, It was really kind of cool to feel like I had something more than just a regular run today.  I wound up having my best run/5k time yet!!  I've been so consumed thinking about Pat's Run, coming up at the end of this month (it's 4.2 miles), that I accidentally clocked my time for 3.2 vs 3.1 miles.  Duh.  Thankfully Garmin has a super snazzy site where I was able to go in and pull my time at 3.1 miles.  ;)  Not that it was any huge difference.
About to head out for The Jelly Bean 5k
Woo Hoo.... PR!!
I ran 5k in 35:21 at an average pace of 11:21.
Even Boo wanted to get in on the action.  Can't wait for her first race, later this month (the .42 kids run at Pat's Run).



After I got home, McKenna requested green pancakes.  Last time I made pancakes she wanted them a fun color, so we added some food coloring.  This time I just added some spinach!!  Sneaky Mommy.  I used Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pancake Mix (which is amazing!) and just blended up some spinach to add in the mix.  You don't even taste it. 
Nutritious (kind of) and delicious.
The finished product... all cut up for Boo

 
He looks a little horrified, no?  He actually was quite happy and gobbled them all up.








No comments: