I ran 5k for the first time earlier this week... RAN the whole way. No stops to walk. WooFrickinHoo!!! I'm still slow, but I don't care. :) Actually I read the other day about keeping your heart rate at a certain percentage in order to help increase your speed over time. I've already noticed a difference! Awesome.
I've been doing all my training lately outside, pushing both kids in the stroller. My asthma (exercised induced) has made it a real challenge to run outside lately. I think I'm going to have to see if I can get a Rx for an inhaler to use before I run. The difference running inside on the treadmill was amazing. I felt so great and it took every ounce of restraint I had not to jump up and down and do a little happy dance, right there on the treadmill, when I was done. That 23 number in the photo was my pace while walking during my cool down. My total time actually running was about 43 min!
What made that day even better... Seamus did GREAT in the kids gym. I'm so relieved to know that I will be able to take them to the gym this summer. Seamus had no interest in leaving! I had to go pick him up to get him to leave.
Cutest thing ever? The kids' very own gym cards.
Oh, I forgot to add that I'm loving my new shoes!





No comments:
Post a Comment