Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bye Bye Diet Soda, Artificial Sweeteners & Midnight Feedings

My new love is seltzer water. I love the taste and it's helped me completely cut out diet sodas. However, every now and then I still crave a flavored soda. Enter flavored Stevia drops. This stuff is pretty amazing AND all natural. A few drops in my seltzer and it totally tastes like a flavored soda, only without all that nasty aspartame or sucralose. We've also used it (the toffee flavor) in our coffee and it's great! No other sweetener required. Yummy.

You can buy them at Whole Foods or Sprouts. Go try some! ;)

Oh!  Another yummy drink that I have all the time lately.... Mint water. Couldn't be more simple and it's so refreshing. McKenna loves it too. It's been a great alternative to apple juice, which she would drink 24/7 if allowed.





















This is what my night has looked like. We're letting the little man "cry it out" tonight. I had home checked for ear infections, new teeth, etc the other day and got the all clear that he is a-ok, other than his inability to fall back to sleep on his own.  I hate every minute of it, BUT we both need to sleep through the night at this point. 

Happy to report that after only 38 minutes (with regular timed visits from me) of CIO, he is asleep!!!Truthfully, we likely face a few more of these tonight, but if they stay in this time range, or less, I can handle that. Fingers crossed. ;)

No comments: