I call McKenna my Dancing Queen. The girl loves to shake her hiney. :) In fact, she'll say that over and over while she does it, "I shake-ah mah hiney, I shake-ah mah hiney." Serious cuteness. Her other favorite move is to dance around with her hands over her head singing "ballerina, ballerina". Again, crazy cute. So, I've been thinking that I'd love to get her into a dance class and the from the moment I mentioned dance class, which she quickly dubbed "balleweena cass", she talked about it non-stop. This past Friday was our first class. I rushed out last minute to pick up a leotard and some temporary (they'll be returned) ballet slippers. Turns out the ones Target sells are more of the wear-around-the-house type of slippers in a ballet style, versus the actual ballet slippers. So we'll buy the real deal this week. We bought a pair of tap shoes while we were at class last week. We decided to let her put her tap shoes on here at home so she could show Daddy what she learned. Big mistake. Evidently tap shoes on concrete floors may as well be tap shoes on ice. She was about a moment away from cracking her head open. Now the tap shoes are "for dance class only".
Here are about 1,000 photos of McKenna at her first class. I couldn't help myself. Only downside is that the parents all sit outside the classroom and watch through a proportionately rather small window. Between the glare, reflections of other parents and my camera refusing to auto focus without the flash on, I wound up with quite a few blurry shots.
I wish this one wasn't blurry. This was just after she stood up and walked, for the first time, in her new tap shoes. She was so excited.
**********
Get this... we had ANOTHER date night!! Can you believe it? I can't. I'm so happy to be feeling like I have a bit of a life again. Now if I could just get Seamus not to cry for 20 min straight (until the staff is forced to come get me out of the gym) at daycare at the YMCA, I'd be able to get my workouts in more frequently and be really psyched. Baby steps, I guess.
Here we are at Marcellino's in Scottsdale. Yummy. We met up with our friend Lisa for a few pre-dinner drinks, which turned into dinner at the bar. lol We had a great time.
lol I love this shot.
********
A few random shots of the kiddos.
No comments:
Post a Comment