Saturday, April 16, 2011

A day at the park...

Before I post pics from our trip to the park, I wanted to post a little something that I think will be fun to have a record of, years from now.

Back when I was pregnant with McKenna I was fortunate to be linked up with a group of other "January Moms" and we all still talk online regularly. There have even been several meetups, but unfortunately I've been unable to attend. Anyway, someone came up with the idea of having a "Toddler Of The Week" where the Mom could post pics and answer questions about their little one. As I answered questions, I realized that this would be a fun little snapshot of McKenna at age 2 years old.


Toddler Of The Week - McKenna

What does she think of being a big sis?
She seems to really like it, most of the time. lol She does cute things like bringing Seamus toys (even sharing Monkey for a split second!), always wanting to lay next to him on the activity mat, holding his hands, etc. However, she's not always crazy about sharing the attention, particularly from Daddy. She is a big time Daddy's girl. :love:

What is her favorite food?
She LOVES those organic bunny shaped fruits snacks. She asks for them constantly! She also loves yogurt.

Any funny or odd traits?
Nothing too odd. She does this thing where she seems to suck on the inside of her lower lip, like she pulls it in between her teeth. I can't really tell what she's doing in there. She generally does that while she also gently pats Monkey's neck, where there is no stuffing so it's just fabric/fur pulled taut. She pats it ever so gently with her palm, the the back of her hand, back and forth. It seems to be a comforting thing for her.

What does she do that makes you laugh?
OMG, the list is so long. She really is a funny kid. I love how she loves to dance... even when there is no music. Sometimes she's just start dancing out of the blue. Lately she's started saying "I shake my hiney butt" while she dances. LOL Her other habit I find funny; When we're driving in the car, when I stop for even a second she's say, in a highly annoyed tone, "Mommy, GO!". I've been trying to explain the red light/green light concept, but it's sort of lost on her when she's facing backwards. lol

Favorite song?
She loves Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle and she always wants to me to sing rock-a-bye-baby ("rockababy" while I hold her like a baby, just before I put her in her crib at night. When I finish she always says "More!?"

How did she react when she first met Seamus?
She was curious, but kept her distance for the most part. I don't think she knew what to make of him. She did climb up and sit with us on the bed at the hospital and wanted to look in on him in his little bassinet. She was eager to hold him when we came home.

What is McKenna's favorite phrase to bust out?
Hmmm, the latest ones that I get a kick out of are both usually when we're playing outside. She walk past me/away and say "bye bye", once I say bye bye back to her, she replies in this sing-songy voice "see you wayter!" lol I love it.
Her other one she gets from when I chase her around telling her "I'm gonna get you", so she'll start jumping/running around saying "Mommy, get you!" when she wants to play chase.

Is she a Diva all the way? Or do you see some tomboy in her?
She seems equal parts of both. She LOVES her sunglasses. She'll wear them around the house and usually throws on couple pairs of beads and a purse of some kind. lol However, she also loves her toy cars and goes bonkers when any "big truck" comes within earshot or within view. We were following the trash truck two streets away yesterday so she could get a closer look.

Our Trip To The Park

Photobucket

Poor girl is still getting some sort of contact allergy all around her mouth.  It comes and goes and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what triggers it!  It gets really red and dry.  Poor kid.  You can see it under her bottom lip in this picture.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Getting a closer look at the ants.  lol
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Running over to bring me something special...
Photobucket

... lucky me. ;)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Once we got home, we played in the driveway for a while... and Monkey kicked back in the garage.
Photobucket

Love my little man!
Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: