Sunday, April 11, 2010

Craig's List Find!

Oh, I'm SO excited!!! I just found a great deal on Craig's List. I'm going to check it out this afternoon and baring any crazy damage, I'm going to buy it.... for $40. Score! I'm considering putting some type of protective seal (a friend suggested marine varnish... great idea) and use it for McKenna's outside toys. That or it may just make it's way into her big girl room. *Ugh, I can't believe she's getting a big girl room already* I have to decide where it's going to live before I decide on what I'll do to it. So much fun.

These are the pics from CL
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


*Edited to add... I got it!!! It's even more awesome (and bigger!) than it looked in the photos. I can't believe I got this for $40. This is definitely made my weekend. :)
It just barely fit in the back of my truck.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


So, after seeing Alison's "Teacher Appreciation Gifts" post at HowDoesShe, I was inspired to see what I might find at the local Dollar Store. I loved her idea and thought it would work great as storage for McKenna's hair accessories. Of course, she still needs a bit more hair before we really have a serious collection. :)

These are slightly different, and lager, but I think these will look cute with the etched lettering. I'm thinking I'll do something like "bows", "bands" and "clips" for the wording. I still have to go get the supplies for this project, but I was pretty excited to find these cute little jars at the Dollar Store. I can't wait to get started!

Photobucket


While I'm using stencils, I thought it would be cute to also stencil some words on these little guys (also Dollar Store finds!) too. Since the etching won't show up on these, I think I'll just do black or white paint. I wonder if there is an effective way to use spray paint with stencils. Hmmm. As far as the wording, I'm thinking "brush" and "rinse". It should be cute, keeping the theme started with the "wash" letters I plan to put on the bathroom shelf. You can see them here.

Photobucket

Who knew you could get 40 packs of sandpaper at the Dollar Store? Not me.
Photobucket


I also stopped into the local Good Will and struck out. I think I need to find a different location to frequent. Aside from being a little scary, this one had a pretty sad selection of housewares. I did see an AWESOME desk in there for $50. I would totally love to get it and paint it to use as the desk in our guest house (soon to be the office/guest house in order to make room for our little guy on the way), but somehow I don't think Craig would be so in love with it. lol I'm sure there are many more great finds in my future. I think I'm going to check out the Re-Store next. I sure hope this all leads to some things I could sell one day. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

No comments: