Friday, April 16, 2010

Bath Toys & Dream Homes

I picked up some bath crayons for McKenna while we were at Michael's the other day and we tested them out for the first time last night. She wasn't sure what to make of them at first, but was happy just to have a new toy. We'll have to work on actually using them to draw. For now, as long as she's enjoying them (and not eating them), then I'm happy. I'll just keep writing her little love notes on the walls of the tub.
Photobucket


Photobucket

After posting these, I went back and looked at pics of McKenna from this same week last year. Amazing... she's grown & changed so much. *sniff sniff* And to think that this time next year we'll also have a 7 mo old little boy. Now THAT is crazy.

1 year ago this week...
Photobucket

I've been waiting patiently for the HGTV Green Home Giveaway to officially kick-off, and today was that day!

Hellllloooooo Dream Home! Ugh, I love this house. Would you look at that wrap around porch?! Love. I've set my alerts to remind myself to enter every day. Oh how I would LOVE to win this home. Please, please, please!!
Photobucket

Oh... and you win an SUV too.
Photobucket

Check out this fantastic mirror they have in the master closet. I'm adding this one to my Project Idea List, for sure.
Photobucket

I could easily collect enough rocks for this just from around our pool. lol
Photobucket

I forgot to post my little something I picked up for myself at IKEA the other day. I can never find what I need when I go looking for Craig's tools in the garage, so I decided I have my own mini-tool set. I already have a drill/drill bits from when I lived by myself, so I should be all set for most minor projects.

Now I just need a fancy tool belt. :)
Photobucket

This little gem is the next on my list. It's made from coffee filters! How cute is that? I spotted the tutorial over at Remodelaholic (I just love that blog!) and knew I had to do this one. I still need to pick up a few supplies today, but can't wait to knock this one out. It's so adorable. Photobucket

As I've mentioned recently, we're in the process of planning our kitchen remodel. I've finally decided on white cabinets and am trying to decided on paint/countertop colors. I want to it to flow well with the colors in the family/dining room (shown below). Part of me still likes the dark grey (which you can see on the left side of the photo below) we have in there now and thinks it will be a nice contrast to the white cabinets. However, another part of me really wants to lighten/brighten the kitchen up and go with a light taupe (or even the same color as the family room/hallway) or light/pale grey.

In the meantime, I have yet another color dilemma. These green walls. I've been ok with the color since we moved in (it was already painted this sage green), but ever since we changed the wall color in the rest of the room, I just don't like it anymore. I cannot decide what color to use in it's place. Chocolate brown, maybe?

For an indecisive girl, I have WAY too many decisions to make lately. lol
Photobucket

The other green accent wall in the family room. That ginormous TV is now up above the fireplace.
Photobucket

No comments: