Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our trip to Maryland for Christmas

Wow, time flies! I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted an update. Ugh. Well, I'll do my best to give some highlights of our trip to Maryland over Christmas. This should be a big post! I'm going to date this post as if it were posted in January so that I can continue to try and catch up on updating the events of the last couple of months and have them make sense chronologically.

McKenna and I flew out to Maryland 1 week before Craig and spent some extra time with my family. McKenna did great on her first flight! Craig had the brilliant idea of putting earplugs in individual envelopes with labels that said "Hello, my name is McKenna. Today is the first time I will fly, please bear with me if I cry." How cute is that?! It was a huge hit. Everyone thought it was so cute and all share their own stories of flying with kids, etc.

I scheduled our flight at her usual nap time, so when we boarded she was just starting to get fussy/tired. I gave her a bottle while the plane was still boarding.
Photobucket

She was asleep before we even took off.
Photobucket

Craig's adorable idea.
Photobucket

She woke up about 1.5 hrs into the trip. She eventually wanted out of the car seat, but she was perfectly happy to stand on my lap and flirt with everyone in the row behind me.
Photobucket

Mema & G greeting us at the airport in Baltimore.
Photobucket

In her new crib for the next 2 weeks. That turned out to be a challenge! She woke up every time I/we came down for bed and would not stop crying until we brought her in bed with us. Needless to say, Mommy didn't get much sleep on this trip!
Photobucket

Thrilled to be out to lunch with Mommy & Mema.
Photobucket

Meeting her Great Grandma for the first time.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I love this one.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Mom's Christmas tree.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

My sweet girl.
Photobucket

She loved Santa!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Josie was rather fascinated with McKenna.
Photobucket

New hat from Mema
Photobucket

Playing with G's Reckless Rick's hat.
Photobucket


Photobucket

The night it was supposed to start snowing I went down to Annapolis to have dinner with Holly & Lauren. I didn't stay out late. About an hour after the first snowflake fell, I was heading home. Even then it was slick and I was happy to get home safely. I don't miss driving in that crap.
Photobucket

The crazy snow storm... 2 ft of snow my first weekend I was there.
Photobucket

It was a massive storm!
Photobucket


Photobucket

All bundled up and ready to brave the storm. I don't think she could sit up. lol
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Oh boy! Already reaching for door knobs.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Chatting with Mema while waiting to see Santa. It was a long line.
Photobucket

Still waiting.
Photobucket

I was so sick. :( I had been feeling bad and started taking Tylenol Cold & Sinus, but I felt even worse. I was having hot flashes, was light headed, sick to my stomach. It was awful. It finally dawned on me that the Tylenol was making me sick. I stopped taking it and started feeling better within 24 hrs.
Photobucket

She was so excited when we were next. She was kicking her feet and squealing and I thought she might actually "like" Santa (unusual considering she's scared of most men).

I was wrong. Poor girl.
Photobucket

Her prize for seeing Santa.
Photobucket

Where's McKenna?
Photobucket

There she is!
Photobucket

Val & Diane invited us out to their house for their Christmas Eve party. It didn't start until 7pm (McKenna's bedtime is 6:30) and it took us an hour to get there. McKenna was such a good girl!! She was an absolute joy the whole time, even though she was awake until about 9:45pm!

Craig & Val... acting like the happy couple!
Photobucket

The ladies. :)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Christmas morning.
Photobucket


Photobucket

She decided to sit ON the presents.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Hello?
Photobucket

We went to Lisa's parents house Christmas night.
McKenna opening gifts from Sean & Lisa.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

McKenna & I went and hung out with Aunt Lisa while Craig visited with some of his buddies.
Sitting in the little chair that Sean and I used to sit/play in at Ma's house.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a face! lol
Photobucket

Kat was kind enough to have everyone over to her house on Sunday. It was so great to see everyone and to see/meet the kiddos.
All the old roommates and our little ones.
Photobucket

Wearing her Dora backpack.
Photobucket

Don't you love the Pink Floyd t-shirt?
Photobucket

We drove over the bridge to visit with Coley & Deb.
They have the most precious dog, Bear. He was very interested in McKenna's toys!
Photobucket

McKenna, Craig & Aunt Deb
Photobucket


Photobucket

Sean & Lisa came over on my birthday and brought Sushi.
Photobucket

Chattin' it up with Uncle Sean.
Photobucket

Showing off her new skills


Mommy, McKenna & Uncle Sean
Photobucket


Photobucket

Carolyn came by with her son Carter. He was SO great with McKenna and she loved him!!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Carolyn & McKenna
Photobucket

Carolyn, Me & McKenna.
Photobucket

Carter, Carolyn, Me & McKenna.
Photobucket

Awww, hugs for Mema.
Photobucket

4 generations :)
Photobucket

Me & Ma.
Photobucket

She wanted to walk with Ma's walker! lol
Photobucket

Lunch at the airpot, heading home.
Photobucket

Letting McKenna explore while waiting for our flight.
Photobucket

She was having a blast!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Dora keeping her comfortable during the flight home.
Photobucket

... and she's out.
Photobucket

She woke up happy.
Photobucket

Played with Mommy's water bottle for a while...
Photobucket


Photobucket

Uh oh.
Photobucket

She started to have a little meltdown a few hours into the flight home. I pulled up the baby rattle app on my iPhone and let her have it. She was entranced! lol
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



2 comments:

Cassie said...

LOVE the picture of her sitting on top of her presents to open them, that's exactly what Hendrix did at his bday party!

Denae said...

She's SO much fun!! I just love all of her hats! Looks like you had a good trip & I'm gonna bet the snow was a little different from the temps in AZ.