Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pink flowers, play dates, doggies & punkins'

On Friday I decided to make a run to BRU (Babies-R-Us) in order to #1) get Mommy out of the house for a while and #2) get McKenna to take a much needed nap! We just had tooth #4 pop through sometime in the last day or so. I suspect that has been contributing to her resistance to naps this week. Oye!

On Saturday I met up with my girlfriend Allison and her two little girls, Britain & Keaton. Britain is 2 years old and Keaton is 3 months older than McKenna. It was so much fun. I hadn't seen the girls since Keaton was born! Poor McKenna never sees other babies, so she was SO excited. She was squealing non-stop (and very loud) right in Keaton's face because she was just so excited to see/play with Keaton. lol So much so that she made Keaton cry and made herself throw up. LOL Good times. Bet you wish I'd caught that on video, huh? ;)

Sunday, Craig & I took our first trip with McKenna to the doggie park. Even though the temps are down slightly, and according to the temp gauge in my truck is was only 79 degrees, it was still HOT. Ugh. Come on Fall weather!! The pups were happy to get out and run around and were tuckered out for the rest of the day.

I couldn't resist picking up this headband while we were at BRU. I love it. I think I need one for myself! ;-)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Don't ya just love the face?
Photobucket


Photobucket

Who me?! I'm not doing anhything I shouldn't be doing! :)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

On the move!
Photobucket

McKenna & Keaton at Imagination Avenue. Cute concept, but unfortunately the place was a bit of a dump. Oh well, now we know to go somewhere else next time.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Britain, Keaton & McKenna
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I love this one. LOL
Photobucket

Nice. I don't even want to think about what funky bacteria may have been on those dishes.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Britain was cooking for everyone. :)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

McKenna was sort of man-handling that baby!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

She was totally worn out after her big play date! She was asleep before I even left the parking lot, and slept through almost our entire time at the ice cream shop.
Photobucket

Allison & Britain at Mary Coyle's, a local place that has homemade ice cream. Yummm!
Photobucket

Craig & McKenna (and Stella!) at the doggie park.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Once again, tuckered out from all the excitement and asleep before we left the parking lot.
Photobucket

McKenna had her first "Macaroni & Beef" dinner tonight. It was a hit! :)
Photobucket


Photobucket

Playing on her activity table while hanging on to her bunny rabbit. We found this rabbit while we were visiting Dottie & Jay in LBI while I was still pregnant.
Photobucket

Kisses for bunny.
Photobucket

We put the "butterflies & flowers" ceiling hanging up tonight. McKenna loved it and just kept looking at it and laughing, like she does with her doggie prints. She's such a sweet girl.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Tomorrow we'll order the blockout shades for the nursery window and I can take off the blockour lining from these sheers and either keep them up as sheers, or replace them. All I know for sure is that I don't like them as is. Then I need to replace that fan light fixture. Surprisingly, they're not easy to find.
Photobucket

I also have these prints for the nursery, but not sure where they might go since I originally intended to hang them on the wall were the butterflies & flowers now hang. Hmmm.
Photobucket

I had been debating about whether or not to get a Halloween costume for McKenna. I love Halloween, but we have nowhere to go and don't really get many trick-or-treaters, so I kind of wondered if there was any point. But, I saw this one on sale for $12 and figured it was a cute, simple first costume. :)
Photobucket


1 comment:

Allison said...

It was fun seeing you guys this weekend. You could put those prints to the left of your window long ways, or one on top of eachother. Just a thought from seeing your picture.