As some of you may know, I chat on a private forum of Moms who all had babies in Jan '09. Well lately I kept seeing many of the Moms mention sippy cups and I thought "Sippy cups already!" Sure enough, I found a section in my "What To Expect The First Year", in the 5th Month chapter, all about introducing the cup/sippy cup. It suggests letting them play with it, helping them bring it to their mouth, etc. This is all in preperation for making the transition from sippy cup to bottle, somewere around 1 year. I've slacked a bit lately when it comes to reading up on my "baby books" so if it weren't for my online friends, I'd have no idea I'm supposed to be doing half these things. lol
So here are some shots of McKenna playing with her sippy cup. As soon as I gaev it to her, she put it right to her mouth and tried to drink from it, but she doesn't quite understand that she needs to tip it up to drink from it.
So here are some shots of McKenna playing with her sippy cup. As soon as I gaev it to her, she put it right to her mouth and tried to drink from it, but she doesn't quite understand that she needs to tip it up to drink from it.
Mommy helping her tip the cup.
Ew, what is this stuff?
Some fun shots of McKenna in her little tennis outfit.
We tried green peas this weekend.
They were a hit!
I put some blankets down in our bedroom, outside the bathroom, so that I could get ready to run some errands. This is where/how she started out.
She kept wrapping & unwrapping herself in the blanket and slowly inching her way around in a circle.
And this is where she wound up.
Turning her teething wring into a bracelet.
Mom got to meet Kat (who is due in August with her first baby!) for lunch. I asked her to take a pic with her phone and send it to me. Look how cute. :) Beautiful seeting, huh? That's my Mom's favorite restaurant in Annapolis.
Worn out after an hour & 1/2 Skype session with Mema.
Relaxin' with Mommy on the couch.
Craig & I decided to go out for lunch and run some errands on Sunday. McKenna fell asleep almost instantly when we got in the car and slept almost the entire time at the restaurant. She woke up and occupied herself chewing on her toy and watching all the waiters/waitresses walking by. She would look up and watch each one walk by... they were getting a kick out of it.
So serious.
Then we went on to Best Buy and she just started chatting up a storm. So I was talking to her and pushing her around the store and she was just having a ball!! Who knew?! I may have to take her to Best Buy next time she puts on her cranky pants.
Best Buy again.
When we got back in the truck, the temp gauge said 118 degress! Ugh. I've really grown to hate summers here. I just keep telling myself... just wait for November.
Goofing around... Mommy decided to put her bra on my head. LOL
Daddy says I look like a monk.
Look who's holding the bottle on her own! It was short lived, but she grabbed on and started drinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment