Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our 6 month check-up

McKenna had her 6 month check-up today and she did great! She is "growing beautifully", according to her Pediatrician and still at the top/off the charts on most of her stats! She did well with her shots. She was not the least bit pleased about them, and let me know, but she calmed down pretty quickly and went right to sleep. She was fine the rest of the day. I gave her some Tylenol around 5:30pm and she was fast asleep in her crib by 6:45pm. No 2 hour screaming fit this time! Well... not yet anyway. Fingers crossed.

Here is the rundown:

Weight: 17 lbs 14 oz (82nd Percentile)
Length: 27 3/4 in (98+ Percentile)
Head: 18 1/8 (100 Percentile)

After her measurements, waiting on the Dr.
Photobucket

Photobucket

She discovered the paper and loved it! She had ripped it to shreds by the time the Dr. finally came in. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

She was fascinated by the colorful wallpaper too. She kept leaning over (which led to one head butt with the wall and a few quick tears) to rub the wall.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then Mommy had a series of failed attempts to take a picture of McKenna. lol I guess I'm not so good at the whole self portait thing to begin with and when you add holding up a baby to the mix, I really suck at it. ;) I finally got a good one.

Wow, way off.
Photobucket

Ok, almost her entire face.
Photobucket

She's still missing an arm!
Photobucket

Ok! Oh wait, now she's missing feet. Ugh.
Photobucket

Tada! Twinkle Toes.
Photobucket

Silly face.
Photobucket

After our appointment we headed down to Mesa to go have lunch with our friend Allison. McKenna took to her right away and sat with Allison almost the entire meal. We joked that she must remember her & recognize her voice from all the time Allison & I spent together while I was pregnant. :)
Photobucket

I can't get over how much she has changed in these 6 months!! Here she is on her first day home, at 2 or 3 months old and at 6 months old.

First Day Home
Photobucket

2 Months
Photobucket

3 Months
3 Months

4 Months
Photobucket

5 Months
5 Months Old

6 Months
Photobucket


1 comment:

Sarah e. said...

OMG Melissa! She is the most beautiful little baby girl I have ever seen! Very beautiful, but that is what you get with two beautiful parents! Thank you so much for stopping by and checking in on me! I love having a "Big sis" hehe... I hope one day we can meet up! Although I am close right now! lol I am in Vegas until Moday, and without lil e! First time to leave him this long, but i know he will be fine and so will we! Talk to you soon! Luv ya!