Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Backyard playtime, green beans & more!

I'm a bit behind on updating the blog, so this will be an extra long post! :)

We've been spending lots on time doing "floor time", which is tummy time & just time playing on her back too. Somewhere along the way she forgot how to roll tummy-to-back and she just lays there and grunts and whines. lol This has also woken her up in the night a few times. So, we've been spending lots of time working on getting her comfortable rolling over. It worked! As of yesterday afternoon she's happily rolling back and forth, and all over the place.

We also made the transition from cereal to her first Stage 1 food, green beans. She did great! I don't think she was too sure about the taste at first, but she gobbled them right up. Up next on the menu; organic green beans and sweet potatoes!

As for Mommy, I'm looking forward to some Mommy time this Friday. It's been at least a month since I've had any significant time alone. Don't get me wrong, I ADORE my little girl and I love every moment with her, but every now and then Mama needs a break. lol So, Craig is off work and Friday and is going to watch McKenna while I go get my hair cut & colored and get a pedicure. I am SO excited. Speaking of hair, I bought this new book yesterday called "Curly Girl", it's all about how to take care of, clean, style, etc curly hair. I'm hoping it helps to bring some life back to my curls. I miss them. I'm looking forward to some wild beach hair while we're in San Diego! lol

I haven't really been actively looking for a new job (shhh, don't tell the State of AZ... not that they're paid me a dime yet!), but have been talking with a friend about working part time for her when she gets her new company up and running. It's been a very slow process and quite the challenge for her. But, she is one of the most determined people I know and she'll make it happen sooner or later. Time will tell if I'm able to do any work for her. There are a number of challenges; money, time to complete the work by given deadlines while chasing after an ever more mobile little girl. I also received a call last week from a recruiter for COMSYS. There are an IT Staffing and Managed Solutions company. They have a fairly large (150 employees) office here in Tempe and they are looking for a Compliance Manager. I about fell out of my chair when I listed to this guy's voicemail. I've never head of such a position, but it's the ideal combo for my previous experience; compliance auditing, metrics reporting, etc for a recruiting firm. How bizarre is that?! So, although I HATE the thought of leaving McKenna during the day, this really got me thinking and excited about a new opportunity. Not to mention, we really could use the income, and they are offering a salare that is in the same range I was making at HW. Long story, short... I have a 3 hour panel interview with them next week. They are located in a (very nice) local Research Park. I figured there must be some type of daycare facility on the grounds, even though the recruiter told me there wasn't anything "onsite". I googled it and found there is a Bright Horizons center there and that they have openings for their Infant Room. So, I plan to go by and check out the facility after my interview. It would be ideal to be able to just take her with me in the morning, drop her at daycare and be able to come play wiht her on my lunch break That would make me feel a bit less like I'm not seeing her at all during the day. With her morning/afternoon naps factored in, I would really only be missing a couple hours with her each day. So.... I hope it goes well. I know that whatever is meant to happen at this point will work itself out.

On to the (10,000+) pictures!
Backyard playtime
Photobucket

All the stuff I had to carry out there with us! I loaded up an empty diaper box with blankets and toys.
Photobucket

Sitting up on her own!
Photobucket

Listing....
Photobucket

And she's down!
Photobucket

She loves this ball that one of Aunt Lisa's patients made for her.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

What is this stuff??
Photobucket


Photobucket


I must taste it, whatever it is.
Photobucket

Very interesting!
Photobucket

Ew, it's itchy!!!
Photobucket

Later that same day... outfit change due to "spits", as I call it. :)
Photobucket

Ugh, it's too hot Mommy!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Whatchya doin? Kisses?
Photobucket

Wanna share my toys?
Photobucket

I love this pic.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Mom, can we pleeeease go back inside??
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I'm done.
Photobucket

After we got back inside, I noticed that Koal was acting funny. He seemed like he was trying to get something out of his throat. I swear I didn't know he could open his mouth that wide. It reminded me of the movie Beetlejuice, when the married couple has those crazy long beaks. Anyway.... I packed up McKenna and rushed him to the vet. The whole way there I keep calling his name and making him stand up so that I know he's ok and hasn't stopped breathing becuase this thing is blocking his airway. They took him back and the tech came back out moments later carring this....
This is what they pulled from his throat! It was about 2+ inches long and probably 1/4 in in diameter. Crazy dog. I was so glad he was ok. It was a quite scary experience.
Photobucket

So I decided it was time for a high chair for a few reasons. First of all, she was about ready to launch herself right off the table in her Bebe Seat. She also seemed really uncomfortable in it and would fidget and fuss after a short period of time. Finally, because she could easily tip herself over in that thing I couldn't leave her unattended for even a moment. This made meal time a gaint pain in the tuckus. So I found this one for $30 at Target! Plus, it folds flat so I can stash it in the laundry room when we're not using it. This is a major bonus as our house is not that big and is already overun with baby stuff.

Oh and we also picked up this fabulous rubber bib. This thing is awesome. I can just wipe it clean vs. having to wash it after every meal.
Photobucket

So far, she's put her little foot up on this bar everytime. How cute.
Photobucket

I think this will become a familiar scene... Koal waiting for "leftovers".
Photobucket


Photobucket


Some pics taken with my phone...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

First time in the bath without the sling. It worked, but I don't think she's quite ready yet. She kept sliding off the little seat, so I had to hold her back/up the whole time. We'll be using the sling again next time. :) I think when she can sit up unassisted we can try again.
Photobucket

The green headband in honor of green beans.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Ok, enough with the pics.... where's the food?
Photobucket

Hanging with Mommy at Borders Books.
Photobucket

My "All American Cutie"
Photobucket


Photobucket

Notice both dogs keeping a close eye on the activity at the table.
Photobucket

Green bean baby foo-man-choo.
Photobucket

Practicing crawling/rolling over.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Keeping an eye on Mommy from her swing. She was turned sideways so she could see.
Photobucket

Excuse me... there's no doggie food here.
Photobucket

Koal: "Pretty Please"
Photobucket

McKenna: "This dog's crazy"
Photobucket

Pets for Koal
Photobucket


Photobucket

Chillin'
Photobucket

Flipping all over the place getting tangled up in the playgym
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

As usual.... straight in the mouth.
Photobucket

And Finally... some new videos. :)



Playing Peek-a-Boo with Mommy


Kisses from Koal... evidently quite funny.


Green beans!

No comments: