Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day, fashion shows & a jumperoo!

Where does the time go? I always intend to post on here more often than I actually do.

Anyway... our sweet little girl is continuing to grow and learn new skills. She constantly trying to sit up, she can now reach and grasp objects (she gets extremely ticked off when the toys that are secured to her bouncy seat won't reach her mouth. She pulls and grunts and fusses! It's really cute.), she holds her head steady with only a few occasional sudden pitches forward. She just smiles all the time and is an absolute delight. She still giggles, but has yet to break into a full on belly laugh just yet. I'm sure it will be ridiculously cute when it happens.

We decided to make the drive to Palm Desert for Mother's Day. Michele and Levi, as well as Ben, Tracey & the kids drove in from L.A.

Our little peanut slept the whole way there!

Photobucket

McKenna got to take her first dip in the pool! There was a bit of crying when we first put her in the water. I imagine it must have felt like the worst wet diaper ever! But soon after we put her back in and she was having a good 'ol time. She seemed a bit bewildered at first, just sort of staring in confusion at the water... staying very still. Then she slowly relaxed and started kicking her little feet and giggling as I would pull her around the pool in her float.

Photobucket

Daddy kept her company while she dried off after her big swim.

Photobucket

Check out the "should be in a travel magazine" photos that Michele took of Tracey and Sophia.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The next day we had some delicious pancakes for breakfast. McKenna visited with Grandma while Mommy pigged out. :)

Photobucket

Then we all spent some time outside in preparation for the family photo. (Oh how I hate this photo of me... but it's a nice photo of the family so I will share, reluctantly)

Photobucket

While we were getting set up, Aunt Michele took lots of great photos. Sadly, we didn't get one of Aunt Michele and McKenna together. Next time.

Photobucket

Adorable.
Photobucket

Ugh, this outfit!! Don't you want to just eat her up?
Photobucket

I tried.
Photobucket


Photobucket

So did Grandma.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Look at those cheeks!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Daddy's little girl.
Photobucket

Here we are imitating the Sears catalog. We're such dorks. Poor girl.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And a self-portrait of Mommy & McKenna
Photobucket

Aunt Tracey & Uncle Ben (once again, no pics of Michele!) and cousins Daniel & Sophia... and Levi!

Photobucket

Miss Sophia. Precious.
Photobucket


Photobucket

How cute are these two??
Photobucket

Levi
Photobucket

After all the excitement, it was time for a nap
Photobucket

Later we had a little more play time
Photobucket

Then it was time to make the 4 hr drive back to Phoenix. Here is McKenna about 3 miles into the trip. She slept most of the way home, although we did have to stop to feed her and she cried for a while after that. She wanted out of that seat! But after about 15 min or so she fell back to sleep for the rest of the way. I think the key for us will be to travel in the morning!
Photobucket

The next morning, Daddy decided to unpack his suitcase from a trip to Seattle last month, in preparation for his trip to Boston this week. He found the two little (but still too big) hats that he bought for McKenna. So after breakfast Mommy & McKenna were having a little fashion show in the nursery.
Photobucket

This one has a cute little crab on the front and says something about a little Seattle crabby.
Photobucket

Later that day we went to Target to pick up a Jumperoo for McKenna! She loves to stand and so I thought it was time for a toy that would allow her to stand/jump/turn, etc. She still hasn't quite figured out the whole bouncing action and gets frustrated rather quickly, but I'm sure she'll catch on soon enough. In the meantime, Mommy can always make her smile.
Photobucket

I'm going to finalize my latest videos and upload them so that I can post them and take some new ones. Hopefully I'll have those up soon.

No comments: