Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First bath...

Well, little Miss McKenna had her very first "real" bath today. She had been having some bleeding from when her cord fell off, so I just kept doing sponge baths until everything was completely healed. So today was the big day! She wasn't happy when I took her sleeper off and started screaming bloody murder. She HATES diaper changes for this very reason (I'm guessing she's cold) and screams every time, unless she's in her milk induced stupor. Anyway, she screamed right up until the moment she was actually submerged in the water and then... silence. I see many days at the spa in this little girl's future. Like mother, like daughter. ;) So, the bath was a success until it was time to come out. Then the screaming began again continued until she was freshly diapered and dressed, at which point she passed out for an hour or so. lol She's awesome.

Here is a pic from the big event! (Don't mind the dirty sponge in the background... I had just scrubbed the Foreman grill this morning. Yuck)
Photobucket

We also received a package from C-Lo (aka Carolyn) today... we love her. She is the most talented lady we know. We wish we could shout it from the rooftops so that everyone would just start requesting to buy her fabulous stuff. I'll have to take more pics later to show off all of her wonderful creations (one of which is a precious tutu and matching sweater... OMG, just too freakin' cute!). However, I did take one pic tonight that I just had to share. I had been thinking that I would like to get some sort of necklace/pendant to commemorate McKenna's birth, but I just wasn't sure what I wanted. Well, C-Lo read my mind and CREATED something for me (which makes it that much more special) and it is absolutely perfect. I just love love love it. It is two metal discs, one small and one larger, and they have McKenna's initials and her birth date. I just can't get over how perfectly she nailed it...without even knowing I wanted it. You're the best C-Lo...can't wait for you to meet McKenna.
Here is a pic of the necklace.
480x480

That's all for now. Miss M will be up soon, so I better get going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ye gods she's adorable.