Thursday, January 8, 2009

37 Weeks

Well I had my 37 week appt today and there was no real change from last time. I'm still less than 1cm dilated, but I’m definitely thinned out. I didn’t ask him %, but I was 60% last week. He said we’ll check again next week and then make our plans for inducing on the 20th. He said they’ll likely bring my in on the 19th to place the cervidil , keep me for an hour or so to monitor me and then probably send me home until the next day. He wants to try and get my cervix as dilated as possible before starting the pitocin. (I was happy to hear that since I've heard some less than favorable stories about induction.) He said there is always the chance that the cervidil will make you start contracting & kick off labor, but we’ll have to wait and see. If I had to guess, I think I’ll definitely make it until the 20th before the cervidil really kicks in.

My hormones must really be through the roof right now. While I was sitting in the waiting room at the Dr’s office, there is another woman there (I'm guessing for her 2 week postnatal check up) with her tiny little baby. She was holding it against her chest and it is just making all these cute little grunting noises. I looked over and the baby was moving her head to the side a bit, like she was trying to lift her head up, and then it just kind flopped back on Mom's chest and her eyes closed and she was out. I got all teary-eyed thinking about the fact that I’m going to have my own little floppy, squishy newborn in my arms soon. It still feels so surreal to think that I will have a baby very soon. I don’t think anyone noticed, but even if they did…I’m sure they’re used to it around there. lol

Sometimes I wish I had a little window in my belly so I knew what she was doing in there. As I’m typing this update, all of the sudden I feel like she is playing a piano concerto in there! I know it was her hands moving around, but what in world is she doing in there?! lol

So! I told my Mom to make her flight reservations and just plan to be here as early in the day as she can on the 19th and hopefully that will allow plenty of time for her to be here for the birth. Wow… it’s getting so close. My ticker says 19 days, but in reality it’s only 12 days. Crazy!

I'm SO tired right now. I would given anything to be at home right now, able to just crawl into bed for a nice cozy nap. Work sucks.

Here I am at 37 weeks...
Photobucket

No comments: