I had a Dr's appt this morning and, overall, it went well…. The standard, blood pressure, pee in a cup and measure my belly appointment. However, I’m still measuring big, which my OB says generally should be decreasing by now as the baby’s head moves into the birth canal and your fundal height decreases. He said the baby measured 44th percentile at my first scan, 64th percentile at my last scan and externally I’m still measuring 3 weeks ahead. His exact words after measuring me? “Wow, that's a big baby…. A really big baby” Great, thanks. I told him that Craig & I were both small/average sized babies, but we are not small adults (I’m 5’10 and Craig is 6’5), and asked if that may factor into the equation. He said “Sure, that may be a factor… we’ll just keep an eye on it, but I suspect you’ll go early” What?!?!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
I guess I shouldn't be surprised....
Craig and I are not small people. However, the news of what seems to be a "very big baby" still caught me a bit off guard.
I had a Dr's appt this morning and, overall, it went well…. The standard, blood pressure, pee in a cup and measure my belly appointment. However, I’m still measuring big, which my OB says generally should be decreasing by now as the baby’s head moves into the birth canal and your fundal height decreases. He said the baby measured 44th percentile at my first scan, 64th percentile at my last scan and externally I’m still measuring 3 weeks ahead. His exact words after measuring me? “Wow, that's a big baby…. A really big baby” Great, thanks. I told him that Craig & I were both small/average sized babies, but we are not small adults (I’m 5’10 and Craig is 6’5), and asked if that may factor into the equation. He said “Sure, that may be a factor… we’ll just keep an eye on it, but I suspect you’ll go early” What?!?!
I asked “How early?” and he just said “Well, earlier than your due date”. (He's so laid back...sometimes I like that, other times I want to shake him and scream "give me more detail , damnit!") Anyway, I wasn’t expecting that little bit of news. I’ll go back in 2 weeks and he said he’ll likely order another scan at 34/35 weeks so we can see just how big she really is at that time. I’m so excited I get another scan! I’m not so excited about this whole “really big baby” thing. lol
I had a Dr's appt this morning and, overall, it went well…. The standard, blood pressure, pee in a cup and measure my belly appointment. However, I’m still measuring big, which my OB says generally should be decreasing by now as the baby’s head moves into the birth canal and your fundal height decreases. He said the baby measured 44th percentile at my first scan, 64th percentile at my last scan and externally I’m still measuring 3 weeks ahead. His exact words after measuring me? “Wow, that's a big baby…. A really big baby” Great, thanks. I told him that Craig & I were both small/average sized babies, but we are not small adults (I’m 5’10 and Craig is 6’5), and asked if that may factor into the equation. He said “Sure, that may be a factor… we’ll just keep an eye on it, but I suspect you’ll go early” What?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL, Good luck with that! :) I say you go 2 weeks early.
Post a Comment