So I had another Drs appointment today. I’m still measuring big, but I forgot to ask how far ahead and he didn’t say. After measuring me he says (again!) “This is gonna be a big baby!” He didn’t request another scan/ultrasound because he said that the scan can be as much as 2 pounds off, so it’s really not that accurate or helpful in determining the baby's weight.
He plans to "check" me at my next appt (Dec 30th) and said that will give us a much better idea of where we stand. He pointed out that the baby was measuring in the 45th percentile around 20 weeks, and then she was 63rd percentile at my scan at 25 weeks, so he figures by now she may be 75th or 80th percentile in size! Wow. He said that he didn’t think I should have any problem delivering a large baby. (Easy for him to say!) He explained that the biggest predictor of whether a woman can deliver a large baby is height, so he feels I should be fine (not likely in need of c-section) and he kindly added that he felt I "had the hips for it too". Gee... I just love these appointments and all this good news. However, he did say he doubts he will be comfortable letting me go beyond Jan 20th. If I haven’t already gone into labor by then, he would induce. Looks like Ma (my Grandma) could get her wish of McKenna being born on her birthday!
So… looks like we’ll have a better idea after my appointment on the 30th.
No comments:
Post a Comment