Friday, August 22, 2008

Is it a Boy or a Girl? I want to know NOW! :)

Well, I'm 17 weeks now... yay! So far things are going well. I have my next ultrasound (a.k.a "The BIG u/s") on Sept 8th. It's called the 2nd Trimester Fetal Survey and they look at the baby and take all sorts of measurements, etc to make sure there are not indications of abnormalities. We also should be able to find out the gender!! I am counting the days until we find out. Just for fun... here are some predictions so far. Figures that we are split right down the middle. lol

US Tech "guess" at our 12 week scan: GIRL!


Fetal Heart Rate & Gender:
BOY

According to that old wives tale about heart rate and gender... it looks like we're having a Boy!

Here are the heart rates from my various Dr visits (and my new home Doppler!) and the gender prediction from babybpm.com. This lists how far along I was and what the heart rate was at that visit = gender prediction.

@ 6.5 wks /125 bpm= Boy
@ 8 wks / 173 bpm = Girl
@ 12 wks / 162 bpm = Boy
@ 14 wks / 143 bpm = Boy

@ 15 wks / 144 bpm = Boy

@ 16 wks / 152 bpm = Boy
@17 wks / 144 bpm = Boy

The guess of pretty much EVERYONE I know: GIRL

Chinese Gender Chart: BOY

Another fun gender predictor (that claims to be 93% accurate!) is the Chinese gender predictor. This chart, supposedly found in an ancient royal tomb near Beijing, is said to be over 90% accurate in predicting baby's gender. It takes the age of the mother at conception and the month in which the baby was conceived. So for us, that's 35 & May.

According to the chart (below)....It's a Boy!

Won't we be surprised when they tell us it's a Girl. ;)


Photobucket

No comments: